There aren’t many industries that haven’t been hit by this year’s Coronavirus pandemic, but very few as hard as the festival and live events sector. With restrictions the world over starting to ease, now is the time for our industry to be proactive and innovative so we can all get back to live as quickly and as safely as possible.
Since the pandemic struck, our teams have been working hard creating ideas, best practises and developing new features and functionalities across our platform that will help event organisers of all types to better manage COVID-secure events as we all try to get back to live.
In this particular blog we’ll be letting you know how Entry Genius, our industry leading access control system can be used to facilitate COVID-secure ingress and audience management at your events. Check out the rest of the articles in our Back to live blog series here.
• Reduce the amount of fan to staff contact through self service ticket scanning terminals. • Utilise digital and mobile app tickets and avoid virus spread through physical tickets.
Real time reporting
• Track and monitor ingress at your event and ensure entry rates are suitable for social distancing and safe audience flow.
Reduce ‘on the door’ ticketing
• Maximise last minute ticket sales without needing a physical box office on site at your venue.
• Stay on sale online right up to your event start time (and beyond) selling digital tickets that can be scanned upon entry, reducing face to face box office interactions at your event.
Manage event capacity and audience flow with Timed Entry ticket redemption
• Help maintain social distancing by staggering the number of people arriving at your venue with entry time specific ticket options. Tickets are only scannable during their valid time slots.
• This can also be used to limit the number of visitors in your venue or event at any one time by selling visit slot specific tickets, particularly relevant for immersive experiences, museums and similar venues where visitor flow is especially important. This was used to great affect by our partners Lightopia Festival (Manchester, UK) to help create a safe entry process whilst under strict COVID-19 restrictions.
If you’re an event organiser and want to learn more about how Event Genius’ ticketing and access control solutions can help you prepare for a COVID-secure festival, event or venue relaunch, get in touch today. Our friendly sales team are here to help.
Guidance surrounding COVID-19 is changing regularly, and as we continue to develop our products and services we will be releasing a series of newsletter updates to keep our clients and partners up to date. Sign up below for all our latest updates.
Related content - Back to live: COVID-19 ready ticketing from Event Genius Related content - Back to live: COVID-19 ready reserved seating solutions
Related content - Back to live: Why the move to cashless is more important than ever
Diga-nos o que precisa para os seus eventos e descubra como a Event Genius pode ajudar a organizar experiências inesquecíveis, a partir do momento em que os bilhetes são colocados à venda e até ao encerramento dos espetáculos.